Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Artists are collectors too!

If you're an artist, you are probably a collector too. I know that I am. I love pretty things and I especially love pretty things I can put into my paintings. This lovely pot is hand-thrown and I purchased it because it's hand-made and unique. I know most of the people who buy my paintings make their purchases for the same reason!

Although all paintings need to be based on a strong composition, a secondary consideration can be color, or tone, or theme.... just about anything you as the artist and creator can dream up. You are the director! The pear is there solely to pull the eye into the piece but this painting is really about warm rust colors and how they relate to cool greens and warm yellows.

Composition with Yellow-Greens
14"x18" oil on canvas
$350
 


No comments: