Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stop and Smell the Roses

"Stop and smell the roses"... that's what this guy seem to be doing as he sits on a bench and watches the martins. A couple years ago I was painting outside and he and his friend  sat down near me to watch the birds. I took several pictures of them and this painting is a conglomeration of the ones I liked best. There was something so peaceful about the day and the garden. The flower garden was just gorgeous so I spent a lot of time trying to make that work. I added some martins to the house (to give him something to look at).

I'm painting some larger paintings now and I'll probably focus on some lake and water scenes for the next couple months because a new gallery opening in Swanton has invited me to show and that's the kind of thing the owner is interested in.

24"x30"
oil on canvas



1 comment:

jimmie white said...

24x30........Wow.......probably took you 3 hours........you're upsizing and I'm trying to downsize.

24 x30 looks good .....like to see the original............where is the gallery in Swanton?.....My son Kelly lived in Swanton for thirty years.............I call it Swantucky, didn't know they had a gallery.

J