Friday, February 24, 2012

More Quickies

I woke up early this morning, showered quickly and had an hour to spare before I needed to leave for work. I felt like doing another one hour painting. I bought zuchinni and peppers yesterday for tonight's stir fry so they were an obvious choice. What did I previously say about one hour paintings? Use familiar objects, right? Well rules are made to be broken. I have never painted zuchinni OR yellow peppers before. I decided to add a piece of vintage Frankoma pottery to the set up. I love the earthy tones of the pitcher but they are actually very close to the color of the background so that's another challenge for a one hour painting.

I set the timer and the hour went by unbelievable fast. But it always does when I'm painting.
I set the timer and the hour went by unbelievably fast. But it always does when I'm painting.
ZUCHINNI WITH PEPPER
8"X10"

 DETAIL--had to pull out the palette knife!

No comments: