Tuesday, November 29, 2005



I am creating these nudes from drawings I have on file from my life drawing classes. The drawings are in black and white so that leaves me lots of creative possibilities when I paint. My goal is to paint twenty of them on linen by the end of February 2006. I am going to stick with smaller sizes like 12" x 16" and 16" x 20" so I can finish them in a day or two.
I am selling these on eBay with a starting price of $24.95. So far they have all sold, although the first sold for more than the others. I'm not sure why these aren't getting more bids. Quality-wise, they are pretty exceptional for the price. Could be the holiday season is causing a slow-down on eBay as people are out shopping or spending their money on Christmas. I am almost reluctant to continue listing them- but I promised myself I would do this series and FINISH it.
My goal this week was to complete three paintings- this one, the cat on the piano, and a painting of a leopard or cheetah. I think I might actually make it!
This is a larger nude that I will list for $34.95-- she is almost finished- I have to go over the blue and kill some edges on it yet.

No comments: