Friday, May 18, 2012

Sauder Paintout - May 12

Saturday I coordinated a paintout at historic Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio. The weather cooperated-- mild and mid 70s and most of the painters left with at least one good painting. Everyone who came was delighted with the relaxed atmosphere and the charming costumed workers and volunteers. I found my first painting challenging-- to say the least! Sometimes I am the girl who goes to the banquet and wants to eat everything in site! I spotted the General Store and to me it embodied everything about this quaint little village so I wanted to paint it! Half way into the painting I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew. I am really throwing out the food analogies tonight! Must be hungry. I wanted to be done by 12:30pm so I could eat lunch so I really sped up the process and finished the piece in lightning quick time. The ornaments hanging on the porch become paint blobs and pretty much all detail was subjugated. I wanted to move on to something else.
Lauber's General Store
11" x 14"



No comments: