Friday, September 07, 2007

Jocelyn a Portrait Exchange


11" x 14" oil on linen... I used the Old Holland linen for this portrait too and I'm afraid I am going to have to raise my portrait prices to accommodate the cost of this canvas because I just love painting on it. I offered Jocelyn a trade and lucky for me she went for it. Now she'll paint me in her favorite medium- acrylics. She let me know today that she loves it so I can move on to my next project-- a watercolor of "The Oval", a park-like setting near the Ohio State stadium. This is for my brother-in-law, and I have been putting it off because I find watercolors difficult to paint. Once I get going with them I'm OK, but they really require so much more preparation than an oil painting, which has become second nature to me. I'm very happy with the way Jocelyn's portrait turned out and it's a good example of what can happen if you think about lighting when you take a photo.

No comments: