Saturday, February 17, 2007

100th Post!! Scott in Open Studio


I can't believe I have posted 100 times. That means I have painted at least 100 paintings since I started this log in November 2005. Not really being a math person I think that's about 15 months or 62 weeks. Divide 100 paintings by 62 weeks and that's almost 2 paintings per week. I am actually painting about three a week now and more of them are successful so maybe the average will go up. You really can't count a painting that ended up being painted over and turned into something else. That was the fate of Cowboy Jim, who is slowing morphing into a fireman's coat, hat and boots. Today's post is the second session of a guy named Scott who was the model for our open studio last week and this week. I had to repaint the glasses three times. I keep putting them on the wrong place. Sigh.. Maybe one more time and I will be finished hopefully. Unless I give up and try to finish at home.

No comments: