Thursday, June 12, 2014

Back on the Farm

I like going out to Sue's place to paint. She has seven acres in the country with a barn, an old chicken coop, some woods, a stream, a pasture and a stunning view of neighboring farmland. I am mostly drawn to the barn; I love its shape, but I have painted her manure spreader and a few of her other outbuildings. I was at Sue's place last fall when I needed a larger picture of the steer who was munching in the pasture and I climbed through the electrified fence to get one. Later she told me the steer was a bull and it might not have been the safest thing to do. I thought all bulls had horns so it hadn't occurred to me he that he wasn't neutered.

On Monday it was another view of the barn that interested me.

Sue's Barn, June
9" x 12"



2 comments:

jimmie white said...

A good one.........

Unknown said...

Thanks!