Saturday, March 08, 2014

Three Dog Night

OK, it took me more than three nights to paint these cute little fellas. They all live together in complete harmony with their human family. Again, maybe that is a bit inaccurate; they do not always get along. Their "mom" took a series of pictures of them sitting on her bed. I used what I could. The photos were a bit blurry but she didn't use the flash and that worked out well. There is nice back lighting in places, that created an almost golden glow and gave me some ideas for the painting.

Jack, on the left, is the leader. He is a true Jack Russell Terrier. The other two are mixed, but still adorable. The baby, Endo, is in the middle and the old man of the group, Beeko, is on the right.

This is not the most dogs I have ever put in a portrait. I did five Shelties a few years ago.

12" x 16" Oil on Linen



No comments: