Saturday, August 03, 2013

Gazebo

Lakeside Gazebo
11" x 14"
I began this painting on Sunday morning before the art show but I wasn't able to finish it. I pulled it out this morning and decided to add the plants which I knew I hadn't gotten to and define the bushes more. I kept it pretty loose because I really have no idea what else was there. 

I then added some violet in the shadows just because I thought it would be pretty. The blue of the lake and the abstract qualities of the trees are nice and I wish I had the capacity to simplify things like this in a painting when I'm NOT in a hurry and painting very quickly. Maybe it is something I'll work on in the future. Set a timer and after an hour call it done. I've heard that sometimes less is more when you apply it to painting.

No comments: