Thursday, April 18, 2013

Simply Fruit

I am in transition at the moment: my entire studio has been packed away in anticipation of some major remodeling and I have my easel set up in a small bedroom. So I am forced to work on smaller pieces. I had a few hours the other night so I set up a collection of fruit and arranged them on a cloth in front of my monitor. I love color and you really couldn't ask for more with the bright green Golden Delicious Apple, a gorgeous Mahana Red and the bright hue of the orange to the right.

I kept it loose and finished in 90 minutes.

When I paint theses little still life scenes I concentrate on observation. I don't always paint it EXACTLY as it appears. I lose some edges, exaggerate some color etc. I conciously think about how I can make it a more interesting painting.

Simply Fruit
8" x 10" oil on canvas


No comments: