Sunday, April 07, 2013

Oil Rubbed Bronze and All That

What does one do when confronted with the myriad of choices available at the online hardware stores when you are shopping for bathroom fixtures in a remodel? Oil rubbed bronze, venetian bronze, old world bronze, champagne bronze etc. I just wanted to order some basic plumbing fixtures so that I have them here when the plumber shows up to do his part. It is so much easier to walk into a store and SEE what you want. We chose $4000 worth of tile product in under thirty minutes, yet I have spent most of a Saturday afternoon reading reviews about shower heads and pedestal sinks. Why am I so fascinated by the horror story of a woman's experience with a slowly appearing crack in her sink? What could possibly make me WANT to read disgusting stories of new toilets that do not accept plungers?

I believe I have been led to believe that information is ALL-IMPORTANT. My computer, along with the thousands of snippets of text that bounce in front of my eyes daily, have forced me to become the ultimate consumer. That towel rack is two bucks cheaper at Lowe's, but the faucets are less at Home Depot. I am forced by my pursuit of the good deal to compare and order from both companies. It's all about spreading the wealth I suppose.

Remodeling and all the decisions that need to be made to accomplish it is literally enough to drive one to drink. So that's what I did after I added everything I think I wanted to my shopping cart and hoped it would still be there in the morning for review and a credit card. A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon and a paintbrush in hand- now I could relax after my hectic day of shopping online. The painting reflects my slightly intoxicated condition: tired and haphazard, but it has a bit of charm.




2 comments:

jimmie white said...

Proof that a little Cabernet Sauvignon never hurt anyone

jimmie white said...

Proof that a little Cabernet Sauvignon never hurt anyone