Thursday, March 07, 2013

Isaiah 11:1

My pastor asked me to illustrate one of his favorite verses from the Bible: Isaiah 11:1.
" A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
    from his roots a Branch will bear fruit."
This is from the Old Testament and is a prophecy of the birth of Christ. It's just one place in the Old Testament that signals us to watch and wait for God's Great Plan to be fulfilled. I have always loved this verse too.

At first this painting was pretty bland. He wanted a painting of a stump and I tried to make it interesting but it really is hard to interpret someone else's vision, no matter how hard you try. I paint realistically and fantasy is not my forte. After he looked at the painting Glenn asked me to put a stream in it to signify 'living water'. I was happy to oblige-- it needed something to break up all that monotonous green. 

16" x 20" Isaiah 11:1


No comments: