Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another Mini

Until the major renovations on our home are complete my studio is temporarily housed in a small bedroom, along with my computer, my art books and everything else I do not want to have full of drywall dust. I don't mind because it will be worth it to have a new kitchen, bath and laundry room. It does limit the size of what I can paint though, so I may focus on smaller paintings until these projects are finished. There isn't much room for a large canvas after I squeeze my myself, my big Lyre easel, my paintbox, and assorted paints and brushes into this space. And I can't forget my dog, Jake, who likes to keep me company. It is quite crowded-- or should I say "cozy", like the realtors do?

This was a small painting of a subject I do often-- kids having fun at the beach. I spent a lot of time at the beach with my kids when they were young and it's one of my favorite places. I like to keep the palette high key and summery when I do these beach scenes.

6" x 6" oil on canvas


No comments: