Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sauder Village paint out with OPAS August 16, 2010


The Ohio Plein Air Society, of which I am a proud member, sponsored a paint out at Sauder Village in Archbold, OH last Saturday. It rained all week and cleared up for the weekend so I was grateful as I was a co-sponsor of the event. I did two paintings: a scene of the adjoining farm in the morning and later after a group critique I took my bored daughter home and returned to the village green where an Antique Car show was in progress. I quickly chose a bright red car as my subject and set up the French easel (my speed at setting this up is improving--- really, it is).
Knowing I had exactly 1 hour and 45 minutes before the Village closed gave me a deadline to finish and I always paint better, faster and looser if I know there is a deadline. Here is Don's 1929 Cabrolet (sp?) which he purchased as soon as I finished.
Below it is the landscape, which I brought home and tweaked a bit. The horse was not recognizable as such until I worked it a bit more.
All in all, a great day of plein air painting.

No comments: