Friday, May 07, 2010

Is the economy picking up?




After a slow month in April I started this week out by selling five paintings and one print! Three in one day! Okay, I have dropped my prices pretty low just to move some inventory because I am a prolific painter. But even considering that, six is a lot and I am thrilled.
One problem I have at my studio, which is located in my home, is where to put all these wet paintings. Sometimes I paint two in one day, but almost always 3-4 a week. I have solved the problem for small pieces painted on linen and mounted to board-- I just purchased some boxes from Phil Pidcoe of http://pidcoefamilyfurniture.ws I found Phil on etsy and he is a great woodworker. He made me some custom wet paint carriers, which I use when I am painting outside and also for general storage around the house. With three cats who like to rub up against things and compete with one another to see how high they can jump it is safer for my wet paintings to be store out of the way instead of leaning up against bookcases as they usually are.
Here is a picture of the boxes I ordered from Phil. Notice how he included my signature on the boxes. Now that would make it difficult for anyone to just walk away with it, wouldn't it?
Here is a picture of my latest painting-- it is sold already--- hooray!
6" x 8" oil on canvas panel

No comments: