Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Sgt. Jon Martin

Sgt. Jon L. Martin

I was asked to create this painting of Staff Sgt. Jon L. Martin five days before the event where it was to be presented. I have painted these posthumous pieces of military personnel who have been killed for the past eight years but someone else was asked to do the work this year. Martin died from injuries he received when he was injured in a bombing in Iraq.

Apparently the piece did not look like him and they asked me if I could do something at the last minute. The reference was awful- a tiny cell phone print out on plain computer paper.

So I finished three days before the event and ended up framing it for them two days prior to the ceremony.

It was a challenging piece, to say the least, but I was happy with the way it turned out.

No comments: