Saturday, March 19, 2016

More People and Houses

Lately I've had requests for paintings of people in front of their houses. I enjoy painting these little slice of life pieces, except when I have to make stuff up. If the painting is a gift the giver apparently stalks the receiver's Facebook page and finds a group picture of the family. Most of the time the people don't have legs. Sometimes they are standing in front of their Christmas tree in their pajamas and I edit the clothing because I have a strong premonition the people would not like a painting of themselves standing in front of their house in their pajamas.

Wouldn't life be wonderful if every reference picture was perfect and in focus? If no limbs were cropped and had to be added? I've come to realize that's not what you get when you agree to paint from someone else's photos, and that's OK. I like challenges.

16" x 20" oil on linen




No comments: