Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Art Prize

In October a group of us chartered a bus and visited Art Prize in Grand Rapids, MI. I have always wanted to go and I am so glad I did. Art of every kind and inclination, some of it senseless, but most of it grand and thought-provoking. I wish I had more than a day to see it because I wasn't able to see everything during the time I was there.

I somewhat agreed with the judge's choice for grand prize. It was actually the first ime the public and the judge's agreed on an entry so the artist of Intersections took home $300,000! It was an amazing entry, one that you really had to be present to appreciate.

This is a painting I did of my friend Charlotte from a photo I took of her appreciating some art at one of the venues.

I am using a lot of this pre toned canvas lately and I like it a lot.

12"x 16"oil on canvas



No comments: