Saturday, May 03, 2014

Custom Dog Painting on Etsy

This is one of the stranger (but fun!) pieces I have done as a custom order on Etsy. The client produced a photo of a dog sitting on a chair in a slightly awkward pose. She asked if I could put the dog on a throne and maybe dress him up like a king. I'll try anything (artistically speaking) once so I told her if she could find me some samples of what she was talking about I would do it. I had visions of hounds playing pool and poker in my head but the job turned out to be simpler than that. I did have a lot of fun creating this piece for Cathy and it is a gift for someone special. I hope they appreciate her ingenuity and my willingness to bring her idea to life. The dog is actually a puggle, a mix of a beagle and a puggle and he is quite cute. I'm showing the painting and the picture of the dog sitting on the chair like a little person that inspired her gift idea. ;)

12"x16" oil on linen


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.