Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Need a Vacation

I told myself this. "You need a vacation". I have been without a kitchen for the past four weeks and spend every weekend and every evening after work repairing drywall, painting walls, sweeping up sawdust and doing all the other inconvenient jobs that go along with living inside a home undergoing a major remodel. This past weekend, I still could not stop thinking about all the work that needed to be done at home while I stayed at this quaint little bed and breakfast at Lakeside, Ohio.

I painted this piece on a pleasant Sunday evening when the sun was low in the sky. Hordes of quivering mayflies hugged the buildings near the beach and occasionally one of the more desperate insects invaded my paint palette and floundered helplessly until I launched him into the sky with my palette knife.

Maxwell's Hospitality House 9" x 12" oil on linen



No comments: