Thursday, November 08, 2012

Sarah Posing in Costume

The Hyter Group where I paint each Saturday had a pair of new models on Saturday. Sarah was dressed in a "bonnie" green dress and an interesting kerchief. I think she said it was a sort of Nordic vintage look. Whatever it was, it worked for me. I found her fair skin and lovely red hair inspiring to paint.

If I want to be truthful, I am always inspired to paint when we have an interesting model who can hold their pose and who has made an effort to become something more than he or she is when he/she is not posing. I hope that makes sense. You can sense when the model's heart is not in it and on the other hand an artist can become motivated to paint better if the subject is interesting to her.

Sarah
12" x 9"
2 hours
oil on canvas

SOLD


No comments: