Saturday, February 12, 2011

Five Day Workshop with Michael Malm

We had an incredible experience at the Michael Malm Workshop at the Scottsdale Artists School. Mike was very well organized and he has such a laid back personality. I learned some good stuff about lighting the portrait to achieve drama and also some nuts and bolts stuff about painting that I knew already but needed to have reinforced.
Here is a picture of the paintings I completed in the workshop, which was full due to the excellent reputation Mike has earned as an artist/teacher. Keep in mind that all paintings were completed in a three hour period or less, except no. 5, which was completed in about five hours. Although some of the students allowed Mike to work on their paintings I chose to keep mine in "my own hand" instead of making it a joint effort. However, Mike was able to offer insight into what to do with specific issues I raised, so I feel I did get a lot out of this workshop.
Click on the picture to enlarge and view my notes.

No comments: