Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oak Openings last week - a plein air 16" x 16"

It was a really hot day and I wanted to get in some practice for the paintout at Lakeside this weekend so I decided to paint in a shady area at Oak Openings, a metro park near my home. There was a nice breeze and I was congratulating myself on staying cool in the 95 degree heat when a big gust of wind came out of nowhere and blew my easel over. Of course the painting landed face down, it nearly always does when that happens. OK, it;s not the first time I've had to pick out gravel, grass, weeds, and dirt out of a wet painting but that doesn't make me any happier. I scraped off the dirt and excess paint and spent another 15 minutes repairing the piece and i think it is actually a better painting for it. Maybe I'm just telling myself what I want to hear..

No comments: