Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Plein air at Oak Openings

I had to drive to Toledo this morning to drop some paintings off for a show so I decided to stop at one of my favorite places, Oak Openings, and do a quick painting. The morning was muggy and the mosquitoes were out in full force but it was relatively cool compared to the hot weather we've been experiencing lately. I haven't done a lot of paintings on cloudy days because I usually prefer to go out when there's lots of light and shadow to create drama. It was a pretty successful morning though. The muted colors forced me to concentrate on shapes and values and the painting is very serene and peaceful.

1 comment:

J.R. Baldini said...

This is a nice little plein air - worked out well for you.
I always like drama, too but you can only paint so many sunny day pieces...