Sunday, November 09, 2014

11th Annual Wet Canvas Portrait Exchange



I can't believe this exchange has been going on for 11 years now. This is definitely going to be my last year to participate. I have been in it from the beginning and I have too many paintings and drawings of myself now. I actually had too many a couple years ago but it's fun to be in the game. 

My partner this year is Jessica and she has been it a number of years as well. So I suggested something a little different and she agreed. We are just going to have fun with it instead of going for a serious portrait. I asked her to put on some makeup like a Monster High doll. These are zombie Barbie type dolls that all the kids love now. I even picked out one, Rochelle, that I found on line, and Jessica was all for it.

So she sent me her pictures Friday and I found a couple better references of this zombie gal and had a really fun experience mixing deathlike skin tones, instead of lifelike ones.

12"x16" oil on linen

No comments: