Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Plein Air Weekend

This past weekend I spent an exhausting three days at the annual Lakeside Plein Air Festival in Lakeside, Ohio. Friday was unbelievably warm and humid, Saturday was a bit better except that it rained intermittently all day. Sunday was a great day to paint but we had to wrap u early to put our paintings up for sale in the park. I sold three pieces at the festival, one before the festival and will paint two more commissioned pieces.

There seemed to be a few more artists participating this year and the crowds were bigger. One piece I sold was a painting of a cottage named the Rainbow Cottage. I was standing under a tree and I was quite thirsty when a lady who was cleaning the cottage offered me a bottled water. She turned out to be the owner of the cottage so when she asked me to give her a good deal on it I didn't hesitate. The piece will mean a lot more to her than it will to anyone else.

The Rainbow House
9x12 oil on linen



No comments: